Digital marketing and, thus, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising technologies are always evolving, providing new tools and fresh opportunities to improve your reach and achieve business goals. Staying on top of the new tools and strategies they provide is daunting for business owners, so we’re sharing our top predictions based on expertise and research.
Our top PPC advertising predictions for 2023
- Continued growth of automation. Automation tools and techniques are already heavily utilized in PPC advertising campaigns, and this is likely to continue. This may include the use of machine-learning algorithms for ad campaign optimization, automated bidding strategies, and more.
- Video ads enjoy increased importance. The growth and popularity of video ads has exploded in recent years, and we see this trend continuing into 2023 and beyond. Video ads provide a highly effective method for capturing attention, increasing brand awareness, and act as a powerful tool for audience engagement.
- Greater focus on customer experience. PPC advertisers will continue to focus on delivering positive customer experiences, especially through highly relevant, personalized ads. This may involve using data and analytics in new ways to better understand customer preferences and needs — tailoring ad campaigns accordingly.
- Expanded use of voice powered tools. As common use of voice assistants and smart speakers continues to grow, PPC advertisers will need to optimize for voice search. One way to achieve this may involve using long-tail keywords and natural language in ad copy.
- Continued evolution of targeted social media advertising. Social media platforms will remain as a crucial piece in the PPC landscape. Advertisers must stay updated on the latest trends, features, and best practices for ad campaigns on these platforms.
- Rise of privacy-focused alternatives. Due to increased concerns about data privacy and the use of personal information for advertising, it’s plausible that alternative advertising models, which prioritize privacy could gain traction. This may involve providing options, such as ad supported subscriptions or pay-per-impression models.
Though we see additional trends and possibilities on the horizon, digital advertisers can count on seeing these in 2023.
Want us to address a specific topic in a future blog?
What to just talk about a marketing problem that’s driving you nuts?
Reach Out, And Let’s Chat